Launched in Feb 2023, and the update to the first version of this popular, award winning shoe, the Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2 is a trail running shoe that was designed for speed and performance.
“A great choice for speed workouts and shorter races”
Version 2 of this popular trail shoe has been well-received by reviewers, with many praising its performance and comfort. The shoe has been awarded the Trail Shoe of the Year award by several publications, including Road Trail Run and Outside Magazine.
We take a look at some of the pros, cons and features of the Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2, the follow up to the first edition:
Pros of the Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2:
- Lightweight and responsive
- Zero-drop construction
- Grippy outsole
- Durable construction
- Comfortable fit
- Pricey – although comparable to most of the other branded trail shoes in the market
- Not ideal for long runs – better suited to shorter, quicker runs
- Not as stable as some other trail running shoes
Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2 Features
- Lightweight and responsive: The shoe is made with a lightweight, breathable mesh upper and a responsive POWERFLOW MAX midsole. This combination of materials provides a comfortable and responsive ride that is perfect for long runs.
- Zero-drop construction: The shoe has a zero-drop construction, which means that the heel and forefoot are at the same height. This helps to promote a more natural running gait and can reduce the risk of injuries.
- Grippy outsole: Made with Graphene-enhanced G-GRIP rubber. This rubber provides excellent traction on a variety of surfaces, including wet rocks and roots.
- Durable construction: Durable upper and a protective toe box which helps to protect the foot from rocks and other obstacles on the trail.
- Comfortable fit: Designed to hug the foot without being too tight. This helps to prevent blisters and other foot problems.
Overall, the Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2 is a great option for trail runners who are looking for a lightweight, responsive shoe that offers excellent grip and durability. The shoe is not ideal for long runs like the Hoka Speedgoat 5, but it is a great choice for speed workouts and shorter races.
Disclaimer: Our posts may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page although we only ever recommend products that we genuinely believe will enhance your experience.
Reviews of the Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2:
Road Trail Run: “The Trailfly G 270 v2 ride is stable, energetic, smooth, and responsive. It’s a great all-around trail shoe that can handle a variety of terrain and conditions.”
Outside Magazine: “Fast and responsive trail running shoe that’s perfect for technical terrain. It’s lightweight and durable, and it offers excellent grip.”
Runner’s World: “The Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2 is a great option for trail runners who are looking for a lightweight, responsive shoe that offers excellent grip and durability. It’s not ideal for long runs, but it’s a great choice for speed workouts and shorter races.”
How Does it Differ to Version One?
The main differences between this new model, and its predecessor are:
The upper of the V2 is made with a more breathable mesh material that is also more durable. The overlays have been moved back on the upper to allow for more stretch and breathability in the forefoot.
The midsole of the V2 is made with a new version of the POWERFLOW MAX midsole that is more responsive and provides better cushioning.
The outsole of the V2 is made with a new version of the G-GRIP rubber. Inov-8 was the first company to use graphene-grip rubber in its shoes. The company’s G-GRIP outsoles are made with graphene-infused rubber, which provides excellent traction on a variety of surfaces, including wet rocks and roots.
Overall, the Inov-8 Trailfly G 270 V2 is a significant improvement over the first version. The shoe is lighter, more breathable, more durable, and more responsive. If you are looking for a top-of-the-line trail running shoe, this trail running shoe is a great option.